International Men’s Health Day – Everything you need to know
This Tuesday (the 19th of November 2019) marks International Men’s Day. Celebrated in over 80 countries, it is an occasion to highlight discrimination against men and boys and to celebrate their achievements and contributions, in particular for their contributions to community, family, marriage, and childcare. It is designed not to compete against International Women’s Day, but instead to highlight the purpose of men’s experiences.
And as 15% of our client base is male, we thought it was only right to recognise this day. So, here’s everything you need to know about International Men’s Day and some tips to help the people of Brighton and Sussex celebrate the men in their lives.
What’s it all about
There are six pillars to International Men’s Day :
- To promote positive male role models; not just movie stars and sportsmen but every day, working-class men who are living decent, honest lives.
- To celebrate men’s positive contributions to society, community, family, marriage, childcare, and the environment.
- To focus on men’s health and wellbeing; social, emotional, physical and spiritual.
- To highlight discrimination against men; in areas of social services, social attitudes and expectations, and law.
- To improve gender relations and promote gender equality
- To create a safer, better world; where people can be safe and grow to reach their full potential.
So how we can celebrate it?
International Men’s Day can be celebrated on an individual and family level, by spending special time with the men in your life, in appreciation of how they enrich the lives of those around you. Writing letters or cards and posting them to your friends, family, relatives and people you admire and have contributed to your life about how much you appreciate them is another great gesture.
Our fabulous owner Jackie is a big advocate of promoting men’s health, so at A New You, not only have we partnered with our charity partner MenTalk to help celebrate International Men’s Day, we are also working with male model, Sean Lineker to spread the word about our Hydrafacials – and we’re giving away 30% off! So why not treat the man in your life to glowing skin this November, with 30% off a Hydrafacial! Simply quote the code [SEANHydra2019] when you call the clinic to book your appointment.